Zipped File Name:
Generated Files and size:
GMBOOT00.BIN (540.672 bytes)
This release has been developed in order to improve the keyboard computing
UPDATE INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
To update the Operating System, proceed as follows:
A. SAVE USER PROGRAMMED DATA TO DISK
Updating the Instrument’s Operating System cancels all User Programmed Data present in RAM. Be sure to save all User Programmed Data to Disk before proceeding (see SAVE ALL procedure in the Disk Chapter of the owner’s manual).
This operation will NOT cancel the Flash Memory area !
B. CREATE A NEW BOOT DISK
To create a New Boot Disk, proceed as follows:
1. Decompress the received compressed file (see Upgrade Specifications: Zip File Name) in a directory (or folder) in your computer
To extract the files contained in the ZIP file you can use:
– Windows : WinZip [http://www.winzip.com/]
– MS-DOS : PKUNZIP [http://www.pkware.com/]
– Macintosh: ZipIt [http://www.awa.com/softlock/zipit/]
2. Check that the file is decompressed without errors and that the size of the generated file is exactly the same as reported in the Upgrade Specifications (Generated File Size).
3. Format a new 3.5 floppy disk in DOS format (1,44 MB).
4. Copy the decompressed file (see Upgrade Specifications: Generated File Name) into the formatted disk.
5. Write the date, (see Upgrade Specifications: Upgrade Date) on the disk’s label.
C. UPDATE THE OPERATING SYSTEM
To load the Operating System contained in the New Boot Disk:
1. Turn Off the instrument.
2. Insert the New Boot Disk in the drive.
3. Turn On the instrument.
4. When you see the message “Load OS?” press ENTER to start the Operating System update.
5. Wait while the Operating System is being loaded (you will see on the display the message “Loading!”).
6. Reset the instrument by pressing at hte same time the ‘UPPER 1’ key and the ‘2’, ‘3’ and ‘4’ PADS.
7. Remember to extract the Boot Disk and store it ina safe place.