GEM WS400 Piano Workstation Overview
Based on the renowned GEM WS2 Keyboard technology, the GEM WS400 enhanced the already excellent WS2 features, with a 88 note dynamic weighted keyboard.
Issues: The WS Series has SRAM for internal storage. This SRAM (Static RAM), uses a rechargeable NiCd backup battery which is prone to leaking and the battery acid when leaking, often corrodes the PCB and components. Recommend changing the NiCd battery immediately for a separate battery pack, mounted away from the PCBs.
Upgrades: The Operating System (Firmware), is stored in EPROM (erasable programmable read-only memory). Various releases were made and can updated to the latest (at the time). The EPROM releases can be found in GEM & LEM EPROM Information and all EPROM BIN files can be found in the GEMClub Members Downloads area.
Disks: A large range of GEM and GEMClub members disks can be found in the GEMClub Members Downloads area.
- 2 Megabytes of PCM samples and waveforms
- 128 User programmable voices, complete with multi-sampled Grand Piano
- 128 User programmable GLOBAL presets
- 2 User programmable Digital Effects Processors with 128 Reverberations + 128 other effects (Chorus, Flanger, Delay, Phaser)
- Dynamic 88 note weighted keyboard
- 5 Splits / 5 Layers / 3 level Dynamic Switch
- High level user interface for Real-Time performances, including Pitch Ball, Pedalboard and programmable Function pedals
- 32 Internal Styles ; up to 32 User programmable Styles
- 64 percussion sounds divided into 5 Drum sets: Rock Dance Jazz Ethnic Human
- Multi Track Sequencer with professional editing for Real-time, Songs, Style Songs, Pattern Songs
- Chain Compose function
- Optional 3.5″ Disk Drive (up to 10 complete dumps of Voices, Globals, Styles, Patterns, Songs, on each disk)
- Pre-programmed disks available
- 40 W + 40 W stereo, 3 way, 6 speakers
- MIDI IN/OUT/THRU (Out /Thru Switch) AUX IN/OUT LEFT/RIGHT
- Digital Pre-amplifier
- Dimensions WS 400 ( H x L x D ) mm. 842 x 1440 x 470